Job Title: Digital Marketing Specialist – Social Media Community Manager
Location: Portland, Oregon
Mambo is pleased to offer a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced modern marketing agency that services brands from enterprise to local fast-growing companies. The Digital Marketing Specialist – Social Media Community Manager will set up and actively manage social media and digital marketing channels to deliver value to our clients in their digital marketing efforts. This position will also support the Mambo team for the benefit of clients and the company, contribute to Mambo institutional knowledge, and support our company values.
We are looking for a team player who will share their social media community management and digital marketing expertise. The right candidate will benefit from specific training and professional development around Modern Marketing solutions.
Mambo Media is a boutique agency headquartered in the Silicon Forest of Portland with expanding presence down the entire West Coast, specializing in developing integrated and modern marketing programs for B2C, B2B and nonprofit clients globally. Our team of experienced best-in-class marketers provides effective solutions to the unique challenges of today’s marketplace. Mambo offers modern integrated marketing to clients including marketing automation, social media marketing, web development, search engine optimization, and paid media management.
The Digital Marketing Specialist -Social Media Community Manager is responsible for actively engaging prospects and influencers within the client’s social media channels. The goal of this role is to create a sense of community. Additional responsibilities include:
- Understand and implement best practices for social media and content marketing in today’s ecosystem.
- Manage client social media programs and report on them internally to the client team.
- Proactively interact with online communities across all platforms.
- Drive community growth, reach and engagement across all social platforms.
- Build and nurture relationships with community members to foster brand evangelism.
- Use social media monitoring tools to monitor conversations and engagement.
- Identify optimization opportunities, measure to KPIs, and report on metrics.
- Create and publish owned, earned and paid media.
- Work with clients and team members to source content relevant to client markets; amplify client messages and industry news and information through research on trends, educational content and thought leadership.
- Dive deep into client markets to provide compelling content and thought leadership to the community, understand audiences and connect with them.
- Manage and develop editorial calendars and engagement on social media platforms.
- Manage and optimize paid social media campaigns on various channels.
- Work with the Mambo project managers to understand processes, reporting and client support requirements. Add value to every touch point.
- Provide high-quality project contributions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Learn industry best practices in modern marketing disciplines for digital marketing, social media marketing, paid social media, content creation, inbound marketing and new opportunities to provide customer delight.
- Communicate clearly and approachably with Mambo teammates to learn and share best practices, new skills and experiences.
- Copywriting – You will be the voice of our clients’ brands and the Mambo brand which requires listening, responding and asking questions to engage with the audience. You will match and elevate the client’s tone and voice for each brand.
- Content Creation and Curation – You will write and curate high quality content for our clients by understanding their customers, their interests, their problems that need to be solved, and how high-quality content can help our clients’ customers who use social media.
- Engaging Promotion – You will promote our clients’ brands through a well-developed process and cadence of content, designed to drive not just increased followers, but active and recurring engagement.
- Confidence and Curiosity – Your Mambo team members will mentor you through proven digital marketing best practices and processes. Curiosity and a willingness to learn from others as you follow a prescribed process is a requirement for success.
The right candidate will have a bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of digital marketing experience working in social media community management.
- We value your in-depth experience, knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective audiences (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Your knowledge of paid social media, content development, influencer management, KPI analysis and reporting, and SEO will bolster your skill set arsenal.
- This candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading) and have knowledge of digital marketing channels and platform best practices.
- Fluent use of standard office communications tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with HTML programming and/or familiarity with social media management tools and marketing software such as Adobe InDesign and others is a plus.
- Comfort with managing B2B social media communities is preferred.
Must be able to work as a member of a team along with being independent and self-starting. You will likely be asked to work on multiple client projects at one time, so the ability to multitask is essential. And attention to detail is very important in this position. We love to promote from within, so your positive attitude is key to your success. The Digital Marketing Specialist must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to do work for our amazing clients and learn from other experienced marketers
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation based upon experience
- An absolutely great place to work with the passionate and fun Mambo Team
If this sounds like you, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please respond to these questions:
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in social media community management? What KPIs can you share to back it up?
- What has been your biggest challenge in social media community management, and how did you solve it?
- Why are you uniquely qualified to fill this Digital Marketing Specialist – Social Media Community Management position?
- What are your salary expectations?